here are a two of the hotels we discussed (Mom, Jennifer and I):
The Asheville Renaissance is downtown, and you can walk from there to shops, restaurants, the Shindig on the Green, etc.
The Country Inn and Suites is what you'd expect, pretty much where you'd expect it. I think its fine, but you'll want to drive to downtown, and to our house from there (about ten minutes to either.)
We also discussed the possibility of a rental house for the week, but I think given the holiday weekend that's not going to be such a great option. Places will be expensive, and I'm not sure the benefits of it are that great, since most of the activities can happen at our house or in and around Asheville. Mostly we need a convenient and comfortable hotel.
I'm going to post this now, and will follow up with some travel information.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah, hopefully I've got it set up so that I can comment. I think it sounds like the Renaissance sounds more convenient. Is it markedly more expensive or is there some other disadvantage to it over the Country Inn and Suites? Alison
ReplyDeleteDefinitely vote for the downtown hotel as well...
ReplyDeletethe price for the Renaissance is higher - not quite double but probably close. I don't remember exactly, but Mom was not troubled by the cost, as I recall, and she's pickin' up the tab for the rooms. I think it would be a more fun place to stay given the location, and you might get a view of downtown.
ReplyDeleteHi - Yohanes and I visited the Country Inn and Suites today, and it looked fine. The location is 5-7 minutes from our house, and 5-7 to downtown. Its set back from the road, has a small indoor pool and hot tub, serves breakfast (may not need). I'm going to check out one more downtown hotel, too, and will let you know.
ReplyDelete